Problem with OLEDB - can't see all tables in DBC
p***@gmail.com
2006-08-01 20:41:36 UTC
I've created a DBC file in Fox 8 and added a handful of tables to that
DBC. However, when I try to read from that using OLEDB (VFP 9 - latest
from MS site), I cannot see two of my tables.

I've tried removing, PACKing, and Re-adding the tables in various
orders, but the tables still will not show up. I can see and work with
the tables without too much trouble from inside of VFP.

I'm kind of at a loss on what I need to do to get the tables to show
up. If anyone has any ideas on what I might need to do, I'd appreciate
it.

Thanks.

-Pete Schott
Lee Mitchell
2006-08-01 20:57:45 UTC
Hi Pete:

Have you done a VALIDATE DATA RECOVER on the DBC? If you create a new DBC
and ad the two problem tables to it, can you see them?

Do either of the two table have a read only attribute set?

If you copy all the files to a newly created folder can you see them?

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

*-- VFP9 HAS ARRIVED!! --*
Read about all the new features of VFP9 here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/

*--Purchase VFP 9.0 here:
http://www.microsoft.com/PRODUCTS/info/product.aspx?view=22&pcid=54787e64-52
69-4500-8bf2-3f06689f4ab3&type=ovr

Keep an eye on the product lifecycle for Visual FoxPro here:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifeselectindex
- VFP5 Mainstream Support retired June 30th, 2003
- VFP6 Mainstream Support retired Sept. 30th, 2003
-Pete Schott
p***@gmail.com
2006-08-01 21:24:42 UTC
Looks like the problem was partly because there was a constraint on the
table referencing something I hadn't pulled in. That and the VALIDATE
DATA RECOVER helped as well, I'm sure. I removed the constraints as I
don't need them for my purposes here and I am able to reference the
tables again.

Thank you for the quick response.

-Pete Schott
-Pete Schott