VFP Table Security
Mike TI
2007-03-05 13:16:21 UTC
Mar 5, 2007

Hi all

I am using VFP 9. My questions are:

Can you secure a VFP 9 tables from users opening them directory through VFP
or though some other tool like MS Access. Particularly I want to secure its
opening through MS Access.

Earlier I had tried using DBC events. Still a user can access the database
through earlier versions of VFP.

Thank you all in advance.

Mike TI
Cindy Winegarden
2007-03-05 18:29:41 UTC
Hi Mike,

The only security for Fox data is Windows file server security and database
events. You could put some code in the database events to look for the
presence of your app but even this can be gotten around by a knowledgeable
user. If you need "real" security try SQL Server Express (free) or a full
version of SQL Server.
--
Cindy Winegarden
***@cindywinegarden.com

VFP OLE DB: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vfoxpro/bb190232.aspx
VFP ODBC: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vfoxpro/bb190233.aspx
Josh Assing
2007-03-05 20:28:43 UTC
You could use something like NetLib Encryptionizer, expensive, but works well &
fast
Post by Mike TI
Mar 5, 2007
Hi all
Can you secure a VFP 9 tables from users opening them directory through VFP
or though some other tool like MS Access. Particularly I want to secure its
opening through MS Access.
Earlier I had tried using DBC events. Still a user can access the database
through earlier versions of VFP.
Thank you all in advance.
Mike TI
--- AntiSpam/harvest ---