Generating will attempt to merge RI code...
a***@vip.hr
2006-11-27 14:23:01 UTC
Hi, gruop

I'm designing a database in FoxPro 9.0.

I'm trying to save new data in "Referential integrity builder" window,
but I keep getting popup window with text:

----
Generating will attempt to merge RI code with your non-RI stored
procedures in D:/...blahblah...
Chose:
Yes to save a copy of all stored procedure code in risp.old then
generate your new RI code.
No to generate your ner RI code now without saving a copy.
Cancel to cancel this process.
----

I tried with clicking all 3 buttons but neither method worked - I get
the same popup each time I try to exit window by clicking OK,
regardless of whether I made some changes or not.

Can anybody try to explain me what is the problem here. I checked
FoxPro help, but I found nothing on this subject.

Ante Perkovic
Olaf Doschke
2006-12-05 18:37:35 UTC
Post by a***@vip.hr
----
Generating will attempt to merge RI code with your non-RI stored
procedures in D:/...blahblah...
Yes to save a copy of all stored procedure code in risp.old then
generate your new RI code.
No to generate your ner RI code now without saving a copy.
Cancel to cancel this process.
----
Can anybody try to explain me what is the problem here. I checked
FoxPro help, but I found nothing on this subject.
I don't think this is a problem. It's simply
giving you (safety) options, then generates the RI code.

It's a bit annoying that it will even generate code
if you didn't change any relationship. If you don't
want to generate code, use the Cancel button of
the RI Builder form and you won't get this dialog.

What doesn't work for you?

Don't you get RI code generated?

Have you opened the database exclusively?
Have you Packed the database? (Menu->Database->Clean Up Database)

Bye, Olaf.
a***@vip.hr
2006-12-08 11:15:00 UTC
Post by Olaf Doschke
----
It's a bit annoying that it will even generate code
if you didn't change any relationship. If you don't
want to generate code, use the Cancel button of
the RI Builder form and you won't get this dialog.
What doesn't work for you?
Don't you get RI code generated?
Everything works fine, now that I realised that this is regular popup,
and not an error.

Thanks!

Ante
Olaf Doschke
2006-12-08 12:50:41 UTC
Post by a***@vip.hr
now that I realised that this is regular popup,
and not an error.
Okay, glad it helped to bring
that to your attention.

Bye, Olaf.