Connection Problems
dagoro
2010-03-31 15:51:02 UTC
I've connected (ODBC) to a Visualfoxpro database with Visual Studio but when
i try to update the table records from VS, I get an error and the changes are
not commited. VISUAL STUDIO ERROR MESSAGE is below:

No row was updated

The data in row 2 was not commited
Error Source: VFPODBC.DLL
Error Message: ERROR [22018][Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro
Driver]Operator/operand type mismatch

How can i make the data editable from VS?

Thanks in advance.
Dan Freeman
2010-03-31 17:19:47 UTC
Post by dagoro
Hi,
I've connected (ODBC) to a Visualfoxpro database with Visual Studio but when
i try to update the table records from VS, I get an error and the changes are
No row was updated
The data in row 2 was not commited
Error Source: VFPODBC.DLL
Error Message: ERROR [22018][Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro
Driver]Operator/operand type mismatch
How can i make the data editable from VS?
Thanks in advance.
Operator/operand mismatch is most likely caused by a field containing a
string delimiter: 'O'Hara'

Use [ and ] as string delimiters.

Or perhaps you're sending the wrong datatype. This *should* be resolved
in the ODBC layer but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
:-)

Dan
Craig Berntson
2010-04-01 16:09:28 UTC
A word of warning. The VFP ODBC driver has not been updated for a VERY long
time and does not support database features that were added after VFP 6.0.
You should use the OLEDB Provider.
--
----
Craig Berntson