operator/operand type mismatch
Hii Sing Chung
2008-10-28 04:27:03 UTC

very often I met with the error "operator/operand type mismatch. Error:107.
Operator/operand type mismatch. Method:
embossedform.dataenvironment.opentables. Line: 0" when trying to run a form.
It seems to relate to the indexing in related tables. How do I get down to
the cause of the problem and how do I prevent it. When chaning with index I
often met with disastrous result (like database can nolonger open).
Olaf Doschke
2008-10-28 15:04:34 UTC
Post by Hii Sing Chung
embossedform.dataenvironment.opentables. Line: 0"
At this "location" (line 0) it seems you're having
a problem with one of the tables or views
in the visual dataenvironment.

make a copy of the form, delete one by one
of the tables or views from the dataenvironment
start the form and see what table or view does
cause the error. Finally you should be able
to start the form, even though you'll of course
have errors due to tables or views missing.

It could be as simple as a paramterized view
for which a view parameter is undefined or
of a wrong type.

Bye, Olaf.
Dan Freeman
2008-10-28 15:13:37 UTC
That error message is fairly straight-forward. It means VFP is working with
a value expected to be a specific data type, but the value stored there is a
different type.

It looks like you're using wizard-built forms, and the error is from the
dataenvironment. I'd examine the property sheet for the DE. You probably
have an expected character value that's stored as numeric (or vice versa).

Dan
Hi,