Create MDB file using VFP8
Eisen Tan
2007-10-29 15:36:51 UTC
How do I create MDB (Access) files using Visual Foxpro 8?
Jan Bucek
2007-10-29 16:02:17 UTC
The simple way I see is to create example.mdb in MS Access, copy it into
your database.mdb and evtl. open your database.mdb thru ODBC and adapt
it thru SQLexec().
Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]
2007-10-29 16:23:20 UTC
It's been way too long for details, but I do remember that it was
possible to create mdb files using the windows odbc drivers.

fwiw, from a cost standpoint, the access drivers are (at least then)
part of windows so the machine does not need to have access installed to
be "legal."

Beverly Howard
Jan Bucek
2007-10-29 16:58:28 UTC
Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]
2007-10-29 17:14:35 UTC
how to control it programatically? <<
Somewhere, I have a FoxPro Advisor article from way back which I will
see if I can unearth.

Beverly Howard
Lew
2007-11-07 13:57:00 UTC
Hi Beverly:

Did you happen too find this article?
Beverly Howard
Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]
2007-11-07 17:52:12 UTC
Did you happen too find this article? <<
I looked, but without success... I still expect to come across it as it
is one item I would not discard... next time I am in deep storage...

I did find;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/149558

which might be a starting point for doing the same in vfp

Beverly Howard