Accessing DBC from Microsoft Access on machine with no VFP
Greg de Bruin
2007-03-12 09:22:13 UTC
I have written a program in Microsoft Access that reads from a VFP6 DBC via
ODBC. This works fine on workstations that also have VFP installed.

For the workstations that don't have VFP, I don't have a VFP ODBC driver.
The error message I get when I try to create a connection on these machines
is:
"You must first install the current version of the Visual FoxPro ODBC
Driver. Go to http://msdn.microsoft.com.vfoxpro/downloads. Select Product
Updates, then Visual FoxPro ODBC Driver.

When I go to that address, I find no link for a VFP ODBC driver.

What am I doing wrong?
swdev2
2007-03-12 15:13:33 UTC
Are you certain?
OK -
look here as well:

VFP OLE DB: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vfoxpro/bb190232.aspx
VFP ODBC: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vfoxpro/bb190233.aspx

[Bill]
--
===================
William Sanders / EFG VFP / mySql / MS-SQL
What am I doing wrong?
Cindy Winegarden
2007-03-15 05:03:48 UTC
Hi Greg,

Bill pointed you to the correct URL, repeated below my signature. Microsoft
has done quite a bit of rearranging of their MSDN pages recently, not just
those associated with VFP.
--
Cindy Winegarden
***@cindywinegarden.com