FoxPro DOS programs loaded into VisualFox Pro
yuriha
2006-11-03 15:38:51 UTC
is there a way to load FoxPro DOS programs into VisualFox Pro ?
Cindy Winegarden
2006-11-03 15:42:59 UTC
Hi Yuriha,

What do you mean by "load?" Backward compatibility has been maintained in
VFP so the FPD code should run, although the rendering of screens can be
unpredictable, especially due to WinXP themes.
--
Cindy Winegarden MCSD, Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
yuriha
Dan Freeman
2006-11-03 19:08:34 UTC
Your mileage may vary. As Cindy said, VFP is backwards-compatible. The code
SHOULD run unchanged, although the result may be less than what you'd like.

Make a backup, and then try it and see. <shrug>

Dan
Lee Mitchell
2006-11-03 19:16:22 UTC
Hi yuriha:

Look at these links to see if they are useful.

Chuck Urwiler's FoxPro Advisor article at:
http://foxproadvisor.com/doc/05239

Also, this is a link to an older white paper on converting from FoxPro 2.x
to VFP 5.0. While the information is a little old, much of it is still
applicable to later versions:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/dnarfoxgen/
html/msdn_movfox.asp

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

*-- VFP9 HAS ARRIVED!! --*
Read about all the new features of VFP9 here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/

*--Purchase VFP 9.0 here:
http://www.microsoft.com/PRODUCTS/info/product.aspx?view=22&pcid=54787e64-52
69-4500-8bf2-3f06689f4ab3&type=ovr

Keep an eye on the product lifecycle for Visual FoxPro here:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifeselectindex
- VFP5 Mainstream Support retired June 30th, 2003
- VFP6 Mainstream Support retired Sept. 30th, 2003