How to skip detail band in report?
a***@vip.hr
2006-12-20 11:32:13 UTC
Hi, all

I'm trying to skip generation of an entire detail band based on a value
of one of the fields from cursor.

I can easily make rows invisible with "Print when" option, but in that
case, I get empty line.

I tried (by experimenting with "float", "Print when", "Strech with
overflow" and other options) to make this part of report be truly
empty, but, instead, I always get empty space.

Any idea how to have detail band skipped, and not just big white piece
of paper in printed report?

Ante
Cindy Winegarden
2006-12-20 16:19:50 UTC
Hi Ante,
Post by a***@vip.hr
I'm trying to skip generation of an entire detail band based on a value
of one of the fields from cursor.
I can easily make rows invisible with "Print when" option, but in that
case, I get empty line.
Look at Remove line if blank, and make sure there isn't white space above
and below your text since this will remain. To prevent this, put an empty
text box above and below and remove that also if your criteria isn't met.
--
Cindy Winegarden MCSD, Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
***@cindywinegarden.com
a***@vip.hr
2006-12-21 07:04:20 UTC
Post by Cindy Winegarden
Hi Ante,
Post by a***@vip.hr
I'm trying to skip generation of an entire detail band based on a value
of one of the fields from cursor.
I can easily make rows invisible with "Print when" option, but in that
case, I get empty line.
Look at Remove line if blank, and make sure there isn't white space above
and below your text since this will remain. To prevent this, put an empty
text box above and below and remove that also if your criteria isn't met.
Yes!

I forgot to check "Remove line if blank" option in one of the text
boxes.

Thanks, Cindy

Ante